Our Commitment to Learners
We will inspire learners across all age ranges to attain and develop their skills and knowledge and become enablers and facilitate aspirational life choices
RCT will ensure our schools raise educational standards by ensuring each school provides:
- a positive, orderly and inclusive atmosphere and ethos, characterised by shared aims and values
- strong and positive leadership from all levels of management within the schools, beginning with the Headteacher/Head of School and Senior Leadership Teams;
- a high and consistent expectation of all learners in terms of attainment, achievement and behaviour;
- a clear and explicit focus on teaching and learning and sharing of good practice amongst staff;
- well developed and manageable procedures for assessing learners’ work, setting them challenging targets and reporting the information clearly to both learners, parents/carers;
- support for learners to take responsibility for their learning;
- opportunities for the development of Student Voice and student leadership
- a physical environment for learning which is as attractive and stimulating as possible;
- a positive behaviour policy which is implemented consistently by all staff and includes a system of rewards and incentives to encourage learners to succeed;
- a wide range of study support and extra-curricular activities to broaden learners’ interests and experiences;
- high levels of parental partnership in the education of their children and in supporting the aims of the school;
- a broad, balanced and appropriate curriculum; and
- high quality information, advice and guidance.
Overall RCT has an ambition to create an infrastructure of provision that is distinctive to meet the needs of individuals whether they are learners, parents and carers, employers or other key partners and stakeholders. RCT believes that we have a moral obligation to improve learning and to ensure that all learners are given the opportunity to make the best of their individual life chances to increase social mobility.
The establishment of a family of schools will provide the opportunity for the brand and reputation of the Robert Carre Trust to be expanded and built upon. It will also enable the schools within Robert Carre Trust to benefit from sharing best practice and outstanding teaching and quality models from other schools. In addition, the establishment of a formal organisational structure to provide business support services to the Schools will enable the Robert Carre Trust to acquire tailored and cost effective services to meet its needs.